are you a black woman, married to a white man??

im married to a white man, and he is the BEST man i could have EVER hoped for, he is the air i breath, the words i speake, and the beat of my heart , he is my EVERYTHING! but i believe the only reason he is so great in my eyes is because i've been dogged by so many.. ."Brothas" if you will. yet every black guy i come across reacts so UGLY when they find out my perfect husband is white as if they could REALLY do any better for me! why is this?

Mrs.BeAl

Asked by Mrs.BeAl at 8:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• sort of, my husband looks white but he's actually Asian. However, I have to agree with you. I've known from an early age that I would marry someone outside of my race. I too am a woman of color and I've dated plenty of white men. I've dated men from all races and backgrounds but I preferred white men. My ex-husband is black and he treated me like crap and I was not gonna sit by and allow him to drag me down so I married him at 20 and divorced him at 24. I wouldn't say I gave up on finding a black man but I kinda knew in the back of my mind that I probably would end up with someone who wasn't black and low and behold about 2.5 weeks shy of my 26th b-day when I married my Asian/Dutch husband.

I personally feel like white men worship their woman and alot (not all) of black men take their woman for granted, take so long to commit to women and take so long to grow the hell up! Again, I'm not saying ALL black men;
    Con't
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• but enough of them. My my three older sisters are all married to black men and my BIL's are good men period. I also don't want to put all White men on a petal stool as if they never do wrong or aren't capable of cheating, abusing or treating their women (what ever color they are) because that's not the case either.

There are tons of good men of every race/nationality out there all we have to do is come correct ourselves when it comes to finding and keeping that good man!

But yes, I love my non-black man!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Probably for the same reason that black women and Hispanic women (my husband is Hispanic but he looks like he is black) look at me in a manner of disgust and white men look at me as if I have been "tainted."
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 10:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i feel u Mrs Beal.. im black and my hubby is italian and i get looksall the time .. well i just found out that my family dont like my hubby because he is white.. which i can care less.. i have been dogged by black guys so much while i was dating and i told myself that's it for me no more black guy's and that is when i met my hubby and he has treated me great and i love him dearly.
    godsgirl26

Answer by godsgirl26 at 1:08 AM on May. 10, 2010