I am 31 weeks pregnant and having bad pains in my private area!

I am 31 weeks pregnant with my second child and never had any pains with my first born. It is very strong pressure in my vagina and feels like the babies head may already be dropped but isn't it too early? I also have shooting pains every couple hours in my pelvis, is this just my bones spreading? I cant even walk down my driveway it hurts so badly. Is this normal????

heathergraffam

Asked by heathergraffam at 9:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when I had my second at 34 weeks I was having pains but they were more in my pubic bone area. I was also having diarrhea. I tried to lay down and relax and finally realized the pains were 5 mins apart. I called my doc and he called me and yes I was in labor. If your pains become rhythmic and about 20 mins apart I'd call your doc. good luck.

Anonymous

• i had the same pains from about 31 weeks til i delivered at 39 weeks ( i was an early csection so i still didn't go into labor). when i asked the doc she said it was b/c the baby was/had dropped and it was putting more pressure on my cervix, there were times it felt like he was literally knocking on my cervix. i never had the pains w/my first, and w/him it was on the days where i spent more time on my feet or doing "hard" stuff: running errands, playing for more than 15 mins w/my daughter (running around type playing), scrubbing floors etc..there was one night at the store they thought i was in labor it was so bad i stopped and sat on the floor. so as long as they aren't regular and they go away when you sit down or stop what you are doing, than you should be fine
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• GET IN TO SEE YOUR OB/GYN SOON. PLEASE!  It could be something serious or nothing, but your Doc has the right to know about this new development.  Don't worry about appearing paranoid.  It is normal for pregnant gals to worry.  BE SMART AND SAFE - SEE YOUR DOCTOR.

1-2caf

Answer by 1-2caf at 9:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• im 31 weeks with baby number three and i have the same thing going on, my baby has dropped im sure of it..and i get these awful sharp pains down there no matter what it is im doing all the time now...
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• it could be the baby pressing against your cervix. but is your worried then call the dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2009