Reducing Stretch Marks?

After having had a baby, I have stretch marks. They are light purple and indent inwards from the rest of my stomach. I've tried cocoa butter lotion but that doesn't work. I don't have enough money to do those $60 combos per month 'as seen on TV.' I know technically they are a 'badge of honor' but I would still really like to get rid of them.

What works for you gals? What's worth trying? What's not?

OmbreGracieuse

Asked by OmbreGracieuse at 9:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• nothing has worked for me...i heard how elastic your skin is, is determined by genetics and diet
    HisMoni

Answer by HisMoni at 12:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I hate seeming so hopeless... But really I have tried a lot and they are still there. BioOil makes my skin look and feel nice, but it doesn't erase the marks. My girly is 1 now and they are starting to fade and are less noticable. I'm sorry. It sucks, I know.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 2:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• For me, I use a light exfoliant-sugar or salt scrub and lotion everyday. After that, using a tanner reduces their appearance. I don't think outside of surgery, they ever really go away.
    SwiftFolk

Answer by SwiftFolk at 8:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• They will lighten up in time. The sunless tanner does reduce their appearance. Actual tanning will make them more prominent.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Cocoa butter is really more for prevention than it is for reduction. I sell Avon and I've personally used and had awesome results with the Anew Clinical Stretch Mark Smoother. Mine started out red and after about six months of using it daily mine now blend in with the rest of my skin and the texture is about 70% better. I was shocked with how well it really did work. I've had a lot of customers who have also bought it and had great results. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• IDK
    noel24

Answer by noel24 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2009