A 40 year old with an 18 year old?

I have a friend that is 40. She has 2 teen aged sons. She met an 18 year old kid in an online video game. He was 16 at the time. They started dating online about 8 months ago. Now he is dropping out of college to move to be with her. She lives in a tiny town, people will know her business. I am worried about her kids, this situation is pretty screwed up. She actually got "permission" from his grandmother. Am I wrong to be completely disgusted? Would you remain friends with a woman that is willing to ruin not only the 18 year old kid's life, but her own kid's too? Please tell me I am not wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I would be disgusted as well. That is just sick! But hey it happens everyday. Maybe she's going through a midlife crisis or something? I don't know if I would stop being friends with her over it but I can't say I would be supportive of that relationship. I feel sorry for the kids. How embarassing. Oh well what can you do.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think you should offer your friend advice and let her know how you feel. I wouldn't stop being her friend just because she has made a bad decision. You should let her know you don't support her bad decision, but you love her as a friend and are only telling her so because you care.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• OP here. I forgot to mention that one of her sons is 16.
    Anonymous

• I would not stop being her friend because a friend is their through thick and thin. By the way if it doesn't work out for her at least she will learn her lesson, and you will be their to support her through it all. I'm pretty sure your friendship will out last this crazy relationship because this might be a faze she's going throught and it probably won't last long. Hang in there, be patient and watch out for your friend.
    witness833

Answer by witness833 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Here's something really gross... When an aquaintaince of mine from church was 28, she married another aquaintaince of mine from the same church who was 72! That was 3 yr ago and they just had their first baby a few weks ago!!
    Anonymous

• I tell ya what, a woman that is willing to bring a guy off the internet to live with her and her kids is flat out nuts. Basically she is inviting a stranger to live with her and her children. Does she look at her son's friends too? Sounds like u need to get a new friend.
    Anonymous

• wow...it says alot about her emotional maturity....
    HisMoni

Answer by HisMoni at 12:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You know what if this 18 year old keeps a smile on her face then i say leave her alone and let her be happy. If yur her friend then be happy for her stop being so judgemental. She have to learn from her own mistakes. and again age is nothing but a number do he act 18?
    red111

Answer by red111 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2009