Was Michael Jackson's father ever charged for the abuse?

Okay, I saw the intervew (from 2003) last night and heard about the horrific abuse his father did to MJ and his siblings. Was he ever charged?

In one part of the interview, MJ, said that sometimes his mother would scream "no, you're gonna kill him!"..........but obviously she didn't do much to try to end the abuse.

Why on earth would MJ want his kids to go to his mother then, if she didn't protect her own kids????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw the interview aswell, and was wondering the same thing. But from what I understand, Michael Jackson didn't want his kids to go to the parents. I thought he wanted the nanny to have them, but I don't know where I heard or read that. Did he have a will that stated where the kids should go? If he did I would assume that he wouldn't choose his dad to have them after the way he says the dad treated him. I don't think he was ever charged, though. If he had been, I doubt it a judge would grant him custody of the kids.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It wasn't considered abuse in those days. It was just a father disaplining a child back then. My Great Grandfather beat his wife and kids so bad that on more than one occurance some of them had to be hospitalized. The neighbor called the cops one night and they said it wasn't their place to get in the middle of family issues... Back then, that's just the way it was! Sad really!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't know...but apparently his father was LEFT OUT OF HIS WILL!!!!!! That speaks VOLUMES to me!
    Anonymous

• He was never charged, MJ didn't think it would do any good so late in the game, but God has a place for old joe
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• why dont they go back to their bio moms?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I guess some of you do not understand fear... only those who were battered wifes or abused children would understand why nothing is done... to end the abuse. Fear and trauma will do that to you.
    It wasnt MJ's mom that did the abuse so the children are safe with her.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i for one am glad that his dad isnt getting anything.....michael has said all along that he was abused and i do believe him on that account...i wouldnt give him a dime or my kids.
    Anonymous