Why is it my daughter who will turn four in September is not interested in potty training? What am I doing wrong?

ACoolWorkingMom

Asked by ACoolWorkingMom at 9:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• they are usually not intrested you just have to make them do it, some people give them a treat some put a quarter in there piggy bank, me I just never put his diper on at home and always asked him if he had to go and eventually he started to use the potty untill he was fully trained I put a diper on when I went to the store
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Potty training is a really hard job to master. She just may not be ready. Its best to try and ask her does she have to go potty? Does she have to go potty? I remember when I was two my Dad would put me on the toliet all night, until I had to go. I remember sleeping on it to lol.

Give her like a prize each time she goes potty or tell her everytime she has to go potty she will get one, even if it is something small like extra movie time.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• the no diaper worked for us too. we bought underwear and although it was messy, it was well worth it. now he is almost fully potty trained. he will always go at home and if we are out (when he has a diaper on) he will tell us when he has to poop.
    chases_mommy

Answer by chases_mommy at 10:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Take her one a timed toileting schedule. Every 40 to 60 minutes tell her it is time to go potty. Take her and have her sit on the toilet. If she has trouble sitting then give her a special book or toy to look at. If you take her enough times, eventually you will catch her at the right time and she will have success. Also, use a reward system for when she goes potty. My daughter wanted a Barbie car, so we made a poster with a cut out picture of the Barbie car at the top and a picture of Barbie at the bottom. We drew a road leading from one to the other. Each time she went in the toilet, we put a sticker on the road. Once we made it to the top, she was trained. Make sure the reward is something that she REALLY wants. Also, once she starts having consistent success in using the toilet, go right into regular underwear. Pull-ups slow down progress! They confuse kids because they do not feel the wetness. Good Luck!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I potty trained my then 2 year old with the 3-Day Potty Training guide. Google it- it really works.
    chloesmomrocks

Answer by chloesmomrocks at 7:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2009