WILL IT EVER HAPPEN...

IM 36 WEEKS AND COUNTING AND I HAVE NOT LOST MY PLUG OR NOTHING... THE ONLY THING THAT HAS HAPPENED IS AT TIMES I HAVE PAINS IN MY PELVIC. BUT EVERYTHING IS STILL THE SAME WILL IT EVER HAPPEN...

momma2beat21

Asked by momma2beat21 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you're getting close but still have a few weeks from the sound of it. what is the dr saying? if nothing else you can schedule an induction. might consider a u/s make sure the baby isnt breach and being stubborn wanting to stay put. :)
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• lol 36 weeks isnt nothing. you could really be 34 weeks. i'm 38 weeks and i've been 1 cm dilated since i've been 8 months. i just found out today new federal regulations won't allow doctors to induce til after 39 weeks and its all across america. plus their not gonna induce you if you don't have anything wrong with you or the baby. they don't induce you for the heck of it, but assuming you do make it to 39 weeks, just complain how miserable you are and you'd like to be induced and see what your ob says, thats what i'm going to do
    Anonymous

• do the doctors not have to make the decision on and induction? i'm 37 weeks 3 1/2 cent and 75% effaced and just keep dilating but no contractions at all.
    Anonymous

• Yes it will happen. Throw out your calender, it's only going to torture you. You only have 4 more weeks to go. Good luck with your new baby.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 10:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• you need to calm down with my son i was 4 cm dilated for a good few weeks and then due date came an still no baby 1 week and 6 days later they decided to put me in for a bio physical profile and i had little to none amniotic fluid and they induced me i made it all the way to 8 9 cm dilated -0station and no efacement so in the end i had emergency c section sucked but sometimes u got to relax and let your baby come when he or she is ready forcing the baby to come sooner could result in allot of health problems even still born so good luck!!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• OH MY GOD.. IM 36 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS. I FEEL THE SAME AS YOU.. EVERY TIME I PEE I LOOK IN THE TOLIET TO SEE IF MY PLUG CAME OUT. I HATE BEING PREGNANT AND I JUST WANT IT OVER WITH. IM SO SICK OF IT AND NOTHING IS HAPPENING FOR ME EITHER. MY BABY HASNT EVEN DROPPED, HAS YOURS?
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• even if you do start losing your plug, that doesn't mean labor will start soon. it still could be weeks off.
    just relax and wait for when baby is ready. you'd rather have a healthy baby and be uncomfortable, than a sick baby and "comfortable".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes it will happen, normal human gestation is 38-42 weeks so you have time! Losing the mucus plug and dilation are not indications of labor starting, i never lost the plug before labor with my first (i don't get checked so i don't know if i was dilated or not) and you can go from 0 to 10 cm in a couple of hours but it is also possible to walk around a couple of cm dilated for many weeks. The baby will come when it and your body are ready!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2009