evening primrose

Does this really help with labor? Or can it just help thin my cervix because i want to go full term but want to thin my cervix some .Because the doctors say being effaced and dilated only makes it easier in labor. (1st baby) so dont really know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• DON'T DO THIS!!!!! It doesn't work, all it does is cause diahrea. Try taking a long walk or intercourse, if those don't do it then nothing will but all primrose does is give you diahrea
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Yeah i have been walking out real 2-3 miles a day, im dilated a good amouth and effaced the doctors keep saying you could go any day now . I'm trying to keep her full term i think i might since i dont have any contractions . But thanks ill just keep on walking and sex.
    Anonymous

• I would avoid using it since you are pregnant and approaching your due date. It can thin your blood. You don't want to cause yourself to bleed excessively during delivery.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am 38 Weeks. My midwife told me to start taking it around 36 weeks. My cervix was still very thick and I wasnt even dilated.After taking it for 2 weeks I am now dilated to a 2-3 and my cervix has thined out. I have never gotten diahrea from it.. Plus i have talked to other moms who have used it before & it has worked on them too with NO DIAHREA. Yes They say it can thin out your blood after a period of time.But like my Midwife told me ,Your not taking them for Years so dont worry. Its just a Herb. I think what they were talking bout giving you diahrea is Castro Oil. I WOULD NOT TRY it LOL . Now that does give u the poops lol . Well Good luck to you Hope this helps
    luvmyhubby

Answer by luvmyhubby at 12:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2009