This is for people who are cops?

What is the height requirement, age requirement, weight requirement yo e a cop, if you are a female?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am sure that it varies by police department. Contact your local PD for information.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Never heard of an height requirement, as I've seen short female cops and been known to take down a 6 foot plus tall man.

Age? That may vary, but I knew a female cop in her early 30's whom left her accounting job and became a cop.

I think it all depends on if you can pass the physical and psychological aspects of the academy. But HOW some older overweight men pass after having to do a review or whatever it is to stay IN and on the beat....I will never understand!!

I've seen some heavy cops out there. I guess this is why they call for "back-up"!

I would check with your local Sheriff's office or sub-station in town.

Good luck!

Anonymous

• It is different for every department.
    Some waivers can be made in certain circumstances, though.
    Applicant requirements may be listed on the specific law enforcement sites where they have their application links online, but you may have to go in to the department physically to get that information.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2009