I do not want to have sex anymore. Is this normal?

I have a longtime relationship with my daughter's father. Now the thing is that we never lived together I only see him on the weekend and is always been that way. It never bother any of us, we are ok the way things are. The problem is that I dont know what I feel for him anymore. When he visits I do not want to have sex, and I really dont need it. Maybe once a month Im up for it but not all the time. Why is this? Is it normal? I started birth control pill to regulate my cycles but this have not help. The doctor say that should've help having the hormones under control. Any of you moms going tru this or any advice. I am not with anybody else is simply I dont feel the need for sex that often I will say not at all. What can I do? By the way Im 36 and have 2 teenage boys from 1st and only marriage and the lil girl 8 y/o with boyfriend

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know if it is "normal" but I am 35 too and contrary to popular belief this is NOT my sexual peak! I loved it back in my twenties, but the older I get, the less I care about it. I've been without for seven months and I couldn't care less about it. Don't miss it at all.... of course, I am single right now, but sex drive is not going to push me back into the dating world since I don't miss having sex....

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Yes it normal, well at least I think so, well i feel the same way you are I mean he wants to have sex and I don't feel like it anymore. I mean yeah twice a month is good for me. I am on the implanon** so maybe its the birth control pills? idk.
    Anonymous

• It's like riding a bike, and falling off..You just get back on the bike..
    What I am saying is..Just do it anyways..You might find out you enjoy it.
    Do you please your self?

Answer by louise2 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• "Just do it anyways..You might find out you enjoy it.
    Do you please your self?"

For me..... No, not in a long long time.... maybe I should go get a toy and see if that sparks something. ;-)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't suggest doing it if you don't want to.I have no sex drive now that Im pregnant,and a couple times I have "forced" my self with my husband.It was the most painful part of pregnancy yet. Just try to get urself in the mood
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I understand exactly how you feel. I wonder if you are stress because sometimes when we get stress we can't focus on anything or by you not knowing how you feel about this man may get you down sometimes. He definitely doesn't sounds like a man who you should be expressing your love to. Maybe you should tell him that he should not come over on the weekends anymore until you decide what you want for yourself and your beautiful children. Also if he wants to see the kids he can take them out for a few days and you can either get some rest from your hectic day or go out on the town and meet someone else.
    witness833

Answer by witness833 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2009