Is it possible to get pregnant when you're nursing and if so, how can you tell if it's the hormones or your pregnant again?

I think I might be pregnant again, but the hpt's are coming back negative, but if it's anything like last time, I'll be almost seven weeks before it shows at all. I thought it was harder to get pregnant when you're nursing-was that wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It MAY be harder for some women to get pregnant while nursing, nursing is not a reliable form of bc. My sister got pregnant while nursing. My doc also said that even while nursing you can still become pregnant within weeks of giving birth. I would add another bc method to your line up, just in case you are ovulating again.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I cannot believe how many people think that if you are nursing you have a harder time getting pregnant. FIRST right after giving birth you are more fertile, SECOND if you are ovulating (most everyone does when they have a period) you can get pregnant regardless of if you are nursing or not. As far as telling if it's the hormones or pegnancy, not sure I can help you there if you are testing negative on the hpt's, mine immediately said positive (5 days before I missed my periods).
    Anonymous

• Yes it is possible.

(Old Wives Tale)Take your pointer finger and press on your stomach and if you feel bumping you are prego. Or take a remote or phone and place it on your belly and hold your breath, if it bumps up and down then you are prego.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you can get pregnant. To better space your babies you have to be completely breastfeeding. This means no bottles, pacifiers or solid foods. You must nurse the baby often also. Some women will still ovulate while nursing in this fashion. If you have had a period than you probably have ovulated and can get pregnant. Because you have your period after ovulation it is possible to get pregnant before ever having a period. On average a woman who is using breastfeeding as a method to space her babies with have them about two years apart.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 10:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'm breastfeeding my 16 month old son and I'm pregnant. I haven't had a period since june of 07 when I got pregnant with my son. So yes, its possible. =)
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• YES!!!! I got prego three months after having my son. I didn't realize that it was possible. I never even got my period. Stupidity on my part. My due date is exactly one week after my sons birthday.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 10:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009