Question about reincarnation

I know there's more than one religious perspective on this - and I'm just trying to gain understanding of different beliefs in the world.

Anyway, lets say a family is all good, and get re-incarnated into the next best thing (at the same level). As a family in their previous life they deeply loved each other, and always wanted to be together.

Would the universe reincarnate them in such a way that they would be together again? Would husband and wife find each other once again? Or would they be separated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• From what I have been told you stay connected with people from your past lives. That seems to be the main belief in most versions of reincarnation, but not all believe that.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think hence the term "soul mates", it is believed by some that one does in fact reunite in another life with the person they are meant to be with..unfortunately some people truly can't find them..but that's another opinionated conversation
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I believe that we encounter people during our lives that will give us the oppurtunity to GROW above all else. And although the concept of soulmates (as most people conceive it) is a nice thought, I think if we kept incarnating around the same people our growth would be very limited. I think our time with those we are most connected would probably be more on the other side. That's why I think it's such a unique and special thing when we come in contact with our those we have a "soul" connection with in this realm. I also think that sometimes we may have a very strong connection because there is a history with that person but, that doesn't mean they are good for us (& our spiritual growth).

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I believe I had a past life with my husband in Ireland and one in France with my two sons (we were siblings). I believe you can chart yourself to be with whomever you want as long as your goal of learning is met. You may choose not to chart the same loved one so that you learn in a different area or you may chart them so that you can do it "better" the next time around. I believe our soul mate stays on the other side for support while we are down here and instead we share relationships with kindred souls (people we know from the other side).
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am a firm believer in reincarnation. But people are people are people. We aren't brought back as higher or lower depending on our actions (Although I believe that's a Hindu belief). I believe that there are stages to death as there are stages to life. When we die our spirit passes over to the Elysian Fields until we are ready for rebirth here on earth. That could mean different things for different people. I also believe in Soul Mates and free will. Even if two people are soul mates and do meet in their new life there is no gaurantee that life won't try to get in the way. So, although they may come back together and are meant to be together, life and death hold no promises...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009