would you trust a woman to provide a professional service to you if she had tattoos?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I say why not. I have tattoos and I work for a Fotune 500 company and I visit multimillion dollar accounts. Some have seen my tattoos other have not. I don't make it a point to show them when at work or at a customer but it happens. As for the comment about a sleeve tattoo I think that it wrong. My younger sister has one and is a librian. She can self express all she wants. One thing that people need to understand is that tattoos don't make the person. The person is who they are with or without tattoos. I am sorry I don't mean to "stand on my soapbox". But questions like this bother me. I had some once tell me that I have tattoos because I am looking for attention. For those people that know me they know that I am the last person that wants attention. You can label me the troll for this question. But as iheartwyatt said...don't judge a book by it's cover. Look to see who the person is first.
    twinmommy416

Answer by twinmommy416 at 7:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Of course. Just because somebody has a tattoo does not mean they are not professional.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Um yeah, What the heck kinda question is that? Did you just post a question about tattoos?
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• well sure.

I am a woman and I have tattoo's, and I work in the medical field. I hold myself proffesionally, I have never been looked down upon by patients, and have never received a written complaint from any patients, only praise (verbal of course I can not account for)
    I actually have had patients give praise to my tattoos, stating that they liked the coloring, placement, inquire as to the story behind them, etc.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Sure why not...
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• since I myself have tattoos, yes. But I do think that people that have tongue piercings should remove them in certain situations.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am a middle school teacher with one tattoo and I might get another. None of my co-workers or students know I have one and they never would because it is in a place you would never see in the workplace. Secondly, that's like saying would you want professional service from someone with braids or dreads. It doesn't mean they're lacking intelligence, it is simply a form of expression.
    NewJoyOn1308

Answer by NewJoyOn1308 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• newjoy.. i know someone who was refused a promotion because he refused to cut off his dreads. although i wish people would be more open-minded, the reality is that "professional" and "tattoos" or almost any other form of self expression don't mix. i don't believe that tattoos reflect a person's abilities in the work place, but employers will more than likely hire a straight-edge applicant over a jagged one. i dont think anyone really cares, other than employers
    Anonymous

• Well it depends on what and where the tattoos were and what kind of professional service she was providing. If she had full sleeves, her neck and face tattooed then probably not. There has to be some lever of professionalism and if a person plans to be a professional they need to take that into account before getting extensive body art. If its just a few small tattoos then no biggie..unless they were of like genitals or something really offensive.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Um yeah...as long as it wasn't a gang symbol or really offensive. I have tattoos myself...I mean what kind of a question is that. Tattoos suddenly make you untrustworthy? You know we no longer live in the days where the stigma for a woman with a tatt is that she is a biker's bitch, a druggie, or a prostitute (not that the stigma was true!)
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2009