maternity clothes

I am just starting to get to the point where my jeans are kicking my butt, comfort wise. I will likely only be able to wear them another couple weeks. I was wondering which I would get more use out of, the kind of maternity jeans with the band that goes over the belly or the kind that fit under the belly?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I agree that it really depends on you. I thought I would like the ones that are over the belly, but I've found them to be too hot during the summer. I'm way more comfy in the under belly pants. I agree on the bella band for helping to keep pre-pregnancy jeans up and maternity pants up before you are big enough to really into them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• hmm. i think it depends on you. i thought the over belly was more comfy.i only found a couple of under bellys that i liked. have you tried something like the bellaband? it lets you wear the same prepregnancy jeans. anyhow.it depends on you. try em on and see.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 10:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I LOVE OVER THE BELLY. I JUST BOUGHT SOME UNDER THE BELLY SHORTS FROM OLD NAVY AND THEY ARE SO UNCOMFORTABLE. I MAINLY USE THE BELLABAND. THEY SELL THEM AT TARGET, ITS JUST A BAND THAT GOES OVER YOUR UNZIPPED/UNBUTTONED PRE-PREGNANCY JEANS. I LOVE IT. AND THE GOOD THING I ALSO LIKE ABOUT THEM IS I HAVE GONE UP 2 JEAN SIZES (YEAH MY BUTT IS GROWING WITH MY BELLY) AND I JUST BOUGHT CHEAP JEANS AND THREW THE BAND OVER IT, ITS CHEAPER THEN BUYING MATERNITY JEANS
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• That should say before you are big enough to really FIT into them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It depends on your comfort. I HATED the over the belly ones so all I got where the under the belly ones. I also used a bella band to help keep them up. My friend at first really enjoyed the over the belly ones until she got a bout 21 weeks along and HATED them as well but she went crazy maternity clothes shopping when she was 4 weeks along and that was all she bought and regreted it when she actually got big enough to wear the maternity clothes.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009