Can anyone have a prayer language (tongues)?

Do only certian religions have it?
How do people start using it?
When do you know that God wants togive you a prayer language?
when was the first time you spoke tongues as a prayer language?

Please everyone be nice i am really searching for some answers. I have read 2nd chapter of acts and 1 corinthians and i still have some questions. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its the Christian Faith that believe this. ( not all denominations do tho)
    there is also and I will get slack for this... demon tongue as well. Thats where discernment comes in. I have heard it before.. ugh!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I believe that anyone baptized in the Holy Spirit can speak in tongues. I've done it for years. I believe the first time was in the late 70's or early 80's. I grew up Baptist but my mother's folks were Church of God so I was exposed to it but never put much stock into doing it myself. Once anointed it just happened during prayer meeting and has not stopped since. It's my understanding it's a spirit to spirit thing with God so why would he not want someone to have it? It makes sense though if our body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit and it feels the need to talk directly with God then Voila! There you have it, Prayer Language. Sort of like a direct cell phone call to God!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009