DBL ear infection and won't sleep

Ok I know she's 6 months old and sick...DUH...not what I need to hear...BE SERIOUS please. She started tugging her ear last night at 8pm. Took her to the ER got treated and came home by 3am. Slept til 730 am and has been awake since....(935pm now) In the last 48 hrs she has got less than 12 hrs sleep.....WTF do I do....I have rocked, driven, given her oatmeal, bath w' lavender, massaged, left alone...you name it.

rowdy24

Asked by rowdy24 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • stupid question, but have you tried tylenol? how long have you left her alone for?
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 10:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• jsut keep trying.. i know it sucks.. is she atleast calm when you are rocking or driving? if so maybe do it longer and hope she falls asleep, and where ever she falls asleep leave her there!!!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Can you try getting her to sleep in a car seat or some other way where she is not laying down all the way?
    lauraslefthook

Answer by lauraslefthook at 10:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I have heard tea tree oil helps with ear infections. My mom used to do it to me, like a drop in the ear and just let it sit. I don't know if it's safe for babies though.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• She is on an antibiotic and tylenol.......I've left her alone in the crib until she flips herself over and cries MOM.......usually 30-40 mins. Right now she is in the vibrating chair being completely calm and wide awake. When I drive her she sleeps til the cars off...then she wakes up again...and rocking her......HAHA thats gone on all day...to the point I haven't even taken a shower yet........
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• try a noise maker by her crib or a radio & turn to a static sound...that always helped my son sleep when he wasnt feeling good.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Put a couple of drops of apple cider vinegar in each ear, let her nurse whenever she wants

Answer by rkoloms at 11:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It sucks I know!

Just be with here. When she can sleep (remember she is in a lot of pain) then she will. I would give her a really warm bath every hour maybe with you and then cuddle in a dark room. Trying doing quiet things she loves and just relax with her.

Try not to stress about the missing sleep. She will catch up when she feels better
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'm sorry I know how you feel. Last weekend we had to bring our Daughter in and she had a double ear inf also. Did they not give you numbing ear drops cause that worked wonders for her??? Is she crying and in pain or just wide awake??? She's probably just over tried and it seems like it's so much harder to get them to sleep sound when their to that point. My kids never did well on Tylenol so I would do Motrin if you have some but call the nurse on the dosage. If she's on antibiotics, she should feel some relief after 24 hrs from the time you gave her the first dose. Hang in there. If you need anymore advice I'm here!

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Sorry I meant over *tired* not over tried
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009