What religion are you?

Just thought it would be interesting to find out more about everones religion, I am in the Bible belt so I am not very diverse in this area. I have heard some people mention a few that I dont know any about.
What are some of your beliefs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am Christian. I know that is vauge. I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for the worlds sins and if we repent and ask for forgivness and live life the way Jesus did then we will go to heaven. :) <3
    cumminsoonindec

Answer by cumminsoonindec at 10:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am a Christian Universalist - I believe that all paths are from and lead to God because He understood that different people need to relate to Him differently and took it upon Himself to meet them where they were based on mentality/culture/tradition/language/etc (which explains the different religions that teach the same basic message, as I believe all religions teach the same basic Truth), that seeing as God's love is perfect, unconditional, and complete there cannot exist such a place as hell (or else His love wouldn't be unconditional, perfect, and complete), and that our ultimate commandment is to love God and one another and all commandments stem from there and can be reduced to that.
    I believe that God is too big to fit inside one little box, and to try to make Him, IMO, is trying to limit Him and His abilities.
    And there's no point in arguing over who's right/wrong about specifics, bc in the end it won't even matter.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Catholic (Latin Rite)
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am Baptist on Sunday mornings and Pentecostal on Sun. and Wed. evenings. My DH likes the Baptist church, and for unknown reasons to me I was drawn to the Pentecostal church.

Both are christian believes.

deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 11:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Fellow bible belt dweller here...and life-long atheist.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 11:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am a christian *Seventh Day Adventist* We Believe:

*Saturday Sabbath, so no buying selling UNLESS we have to. Don't watch secular shows or go to zoo's on that day. We respect it as a date with God. No working, we don't work saturdays. If a SDA is a doctor or nurse or police officer of fireman *aka someone who does a good work* they are allowed to work on sabbath, Jesus said good works are allowed on the sabbath.
    * Living healthy lives most are vegans but it is NOT required.
    *Dress modestly, no butt cheeks showing and no clevage, pants are fine they are not immodest.
    * SDA's believe in the bible and ONLY the bible. We do have a prophet but even she told us in her books DO NOT use me as the bible I am the lesser light.
    * If you want to know more o n the Seventh Day Adventists talk to me or any SDA. We love talking about God and if you are ever interested in attending a service come as your are jeans, you're very welcome.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Eclectic Pagan Witch
    PM me if you want details, to tired to write it all out here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am a student of the dharma. By Western terms, this means that I am a "Buddhist". The study of the Buddha's teachings (the dharma) is not actually, by definition, a religion. It would be more accurate to call the pracice a "spiritual path" or "lifestyle choice".
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Eclectic Pagan Witch.
    But i belive Sabrina and i have slightly different views. I lean more heavily on the Wiccan side i think.
    But you can also PM me too if you'd like more detials.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2009