How can I be sure my toddler is safe sleeping in my bed?

21 month old won't go to sleep in his crib but will sleep in my bed. I like to do housework when he goes to sleep for the night but I am worried that he might roll out of my bed.

secondbaby75

Asked by secondbaby75 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get a baby bed rail
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Put him in his crib. I mean he is almost 2 years old boo need to be in his own bed. Does he have a special toy or anything? Did you try reading to him before bed?
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My son sleeps in our bed. I get out of bed while he is still asleep and I do not worry because he can climb off of it with no problem. I would say get him a toddler bed or put a rail up. If you don't want the rail on your bed put pillows on the edge and on the floor. That is what we did and we just checked on him. But like I said he is 18 months and can get on and off the bed without our help.
    DStephens7

Answer by DStephens7 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Bed railing or pillows on the floor surrounding the bed.

However, I must say this is a bad habit to get into unless you are going to be okay with your kid falling asleep in your bed when he's older because he won't be able to go to sleep in his own bed. DD started to want to fall asleep in our room right after I let her do it just once so she could be comfortable watching TV because she wasn't feeling well. It was horrible getting her back into falling asleep in her own bed...and this was after just one time. We have the rule in our house that you must fall asleep in your own bed...THEN you can climb in with mom and dad. Usually she'll come in around 4am. That we are okay with...and will be when she's 10. Will you be okay with your 10 year old insisting that he fall asleep in your bed every night?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009