why are stepmother always left out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Left out of what?? I'm okay with my daughter liking her sperm donor's gf.. but i will always be her mother.. a title she will never take from me
    Anonymous

• Left out of what? My stepmom isn't left out of anything. In fact, I talk to her way more than I talk to my dad.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Sometimes the children think that the stepmom is trying to take their mother's place.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• bc you stole the dad and everyone hates you
    Anonymous

• Because stepmom is just a title. In reality all you are is a fathers new wife. You are nothing to the child except an obstacle in the family dynamics.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I agree with Chrissy, I am a step mom and my son has a step mom. That means I am my step son's dads wife that is it. In our family we have all agreed that the step parent stays out of everything and is only there for support. Makes life much easier that way. I am my step sons friend and that is about it. The only time I would step in is if he was going to hurt someone or something. Good luck, I think step parenting is one of the hardest jobs in the world.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009