help with kittens on the way

my cat is preggo. i know the basic things i need to do or have but i just wanted any ideas or anything helpfull that i might need to know when my cat delivers..thanks

vadasmom

Asked by vadasmom at 10:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pets

• Get her fixed ASAP!
    Anonymous

• Maybe a bowl of water, but other than that, just let her do her thing and check up on her to make sure she is doing okay. One time we had to take a cat to the vet because the next day she still had a kitten in that was trying to come out sideways. But I've been around TONS of cats who gave birth because my mother always had them :/ and most of them do it on their own and don't need your help. It's their natural instinct.
    Anonymous

• ........and yes. Get her fixed after she delivers because the world is too over populated with cats, and It's sad that so many are out there and not being taken care of.
    Anonymous

• Just keep an eye on her. Is she hiding in a certain spot all the time? That is probably where she will deliver the kittens. My cat had her kittens in the back of my closet.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• She can't be fixed until she finishes nursing as she needs those parts to produce the horemones she needs to produce milk.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Congrats granny cholo! Lol
    nikonme

Answer by nikonme at 9:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• yes if u dont want her to have any more kittend ur going to have to keep her inside intill she is finished nursing and get her fixed asap if u let her out while nursing she still can end up pregs again. u'll have to wait 6-8 weeks befor u get her fixed this is how long the kittens need thier mommy. as far as the labor goes chances r she'll either have them at night in her secret hiding place or during the day when no one is home. animlas like thier privacy and they have been knowing to stop labor intill they feel its safe to have the babies
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009