What was your 1 year old's favorite toy?

I'm trying to think of things (like toys) that a 1 yr old would like and any advice would be helpful, like on things that they seem more interested in, less interested in etc. What did you find to be the best investment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Anything that lights up and plays music...lol. My DD loved Megablocks even at the age of 1 she would always be putting them together, and taking them apart...hours of FUN!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My son has the busy ball popper, or whatever it's called. The balls pop uo and fly into the air. My 3 year old has even been caught playing with it in his room by himself..lol.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My son loves this Elmo toy that has different songs on it. I think it might be called a Sing-Along with Elmo. It has buttons on it to play the songs and a little microphone to sing along with. He loves dancing to the songs. He also loves blocks. I got him these clothes blocks made by Parents. I stack them and he knocks them down and laughs like it's the funniest thing in the world. I have no idea why.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 11:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Blocks are a great idea, my daughter loves her Mega Blocks. But her very favorite thing is her Princess Pull-out Couch. She got it for her 1st Bday and its still her favorite thing at 18 months. Its made intiertly of foam and has a removeable/washable cover. She can take it from room to room with her and pull it out to like a bed or put it back up for the couch. She gets toys and brings them to her couch to play with them. She adores it.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Toys we liked...
    Little People Fisher Price
    Pop Onz Pop n' Twirl Building Table Fisher Price
    Alphabet Pal Caterpillar Leap Frog
    Peek-a-Block Incrediblock Fisher Price
    Fridge Farm Magnet Animal Set Leap Frog
    Chime Garden Lamaze
    Roll Along Musical Pony Fisher Price
    Laugh & Learn Puppy Fisher Price
    Bounce & Giggle Pig Fisher Price
    Rainforest Rollar Piano Fisher Price
    Lil Snoopy Pull Along Toy Fisher Price
    Washable Bathtub Tadoodles Crayola
    Kangaroo Climber Step2

Yeah I know I'm a freak for knowing all the names & brands of all my DD's toys (yet when it comes to remembering something useful it gets lost!)

Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2009