pregnant question about mosquito bites

omg im bit up all over.i even got one smack dab on my buttcheek i dont even know how!my legs,arms itch like hell.how can i stop these bugs from biting me i cant take another bite.i fear it will hurt the baby 2 so thats more stress.any 1 have any miracles i can buy or anything to just keep em away.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 11:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I live in SC and my backyard is mosquito haven. I use OFF with DEET. I don't use one with as much DEET as I have in the past, but I still use it. I have one kind that is 7% and one that is 15%. That's about as high as I'll go right now. Supposedly it is safe, but I'm not really buying that. But I absolutely HATE mosquitoes and they seem to love me and that is really the only stuff that seems to work for me. Now that I am pregnant, I always wash off the areas I've sprayed with soap and water or showered right after I am finished outside.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• When you are pregnant you exhale more CO2 which is what attracts the mosquito add to that our increased blood flow and we are an all you can eat buffet! Use bug spray, if it contains DEET spray it on your clothes instead of your skin but if the bugs are real bad a little Deet isn't going to harm the baby.
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 4:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2009