freaked out

ok, so I just saw a post about colostrum leaking out at 27 weeks!! please tell me this doesn't happen to everyone... But seriously, how common is it?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Happened to me... not dripping but a few drops here and there... your body has to prepare itself for making milk at some point.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 11:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'm almost to 32 weeks and haven't had any leakage. However, and this may be TMI, but one day my husband and I were laying in bed and we had recently gone to the breastfeeding class. So he starts messing with my boobs and saying stuff about milking them. I said something along the lines of, "you're not even doing it right, weren't you paying attention?" and then I proceeding to show him how the video said to express your milk and then he starts laughing and I look and there I was dripping colostrum. I should have known that would happen, but didn't really think about it. So now, anytime he touches my boobs, I yell at him to get away. LOL.
    Anonymous

• I was about 23 or 24 wks when it started with me. But i was told that some people dont start to get it till they have their kid. So it all depends.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I started leaking colostrum at 22 weeks. That was a little early, but leaking colostrum is SUPER common. It doesn't happen to everyone.

Why are you worried about it, anyway?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i never leaked until after the baby came
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am a bit freaked because this is my first baby and that is one of the things I never knew would happen. I thought that nothing came out until the baby came...guess I was wrong, lol.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• its common it happens to the best of us all its getting ready for the breast milk so relax it perfectly normal you will have it after you have the baby to until it dries up unless you decide to breast feed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• With my first I didn't get anything until the baby was born and now I'm 30 weeks with my 2nd and still nothing! Not everyone leaks before baby.
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 4:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• With my son I never leaked. He was breastfed for 6 months and I NEVER wore a nursing pad in my bra or had any issues with leakage. Some women do, some don't. I didn't even have a drop while I was pregnant, but some women start very early... Just depends.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009