Has anyone had a UTI that caused contractions? That didnt go into preterm labor... Im 24 weeks and just found?

found out i have a nother UTI, But this time i have contractions with it, i went to L&D and the nurse told me they were probably due to the UTI...Ther doctor checked me before the contractions started, and said my cervix was closed and long... I was just wondering if anyone had UTI with contractions, that didnt actually go into labor...
im scared 24 weeks is tooo early ...
5 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.

Sorrow_Princess

Asked by Sorrow_Princess at 11:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had kidney stones with my last pregnancy and it caused contractions but went away after I was in the hospital for a few hrs and had some meds. I just had a uti with this pregnancy a few weeks ago and I'm 38 weeks and 2days and didn't cause any contractions cause I caught it early but the meds they gave me really didn't help so they gave me different ones and said before the next meds that I still had some blood in my urine which I didn't see. I'm good now, u should be too. The kidney stones was from being out in the heat and I was even drinking alot of water and some gatorade and taking breaks to go inside from work but that was my last pregnancy and not doing that again.
    Anonymous

• I did a couple weeks ago. I'm 27 weeks now.
    They should have given you medicine, so make sure you take it faithfully and everything will be fine.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009