Why is it that so many (NOT all but ALOT) Christains feel the need to shove their religion down other peoples throats? Is it just me or does it seem like this is the most pushy and judgemental of all relgions?

Just ot make i tclear i am NOT bashing christianity.. my family is Christain and i have friends who are as well. I am not and i really dont like organized relgion period but i wont bash anyone i just have noticed that Christians out of all the relgions are the most judgemental and pushy about it.. just wondering fi was the only one who feels this way

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When someone believes something so strongly and it's given them so much they want others to have it too. The Bible also says to go out and preach, so that may be their way of interpreting that and being faithful. I'm not justifying, just trying to see it from the other way around. I know it can get annoying. I can't say there aren't some that do it to be "better" than someone. I mean the Pharisees used to openly pray so people would look and think"oh he's such a good person"
    Anonymous

• Wow. Apparently I live in a town full of practicing christian "pharisees". And so is our illustrious governor.

roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 11:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I have felt this way because, say, Muslims aren't trying to convert me here in the USA (though they did abroad). But after some thinking, I've decided that this is a public forum so people who wish to convert or shove their belief down my throat are in the perfect arena to do so. Or, they are very passionate about their belief and so they really want to share. Whatever it is, I've given up on trying to figure it out or be annoyed. To each his own.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i totaly understand although i am not a believer in the modern day god or religion but if they were "true christians" they wouldnt judge me for what i believe or try so hard to change my mind. i mean i was a true believer at one point but i decided even if you are a believer you arnt 100% sure whats at the of the tunnel so live the way you want to & i am great person with more morals than anyone i know if their is a god he would let me in for trying make this world a better place.
    kristajoy

Answer by kristajoy at 11:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• With questions like this ...and questions questioning God, it's hard for it not to seem that way because ..well u asked for it... I try not to orce anyone, but when someone asks a religious question they get a religious answer...
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Being a Christian is my whole being. When someone isn't, I care and want them to know Him like I do because He has changed my life. I guess I'm just a caring person, but not meaning to sound pushy.. well, maybe a little.
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 11:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

I never said that all Christians are like pharisees, I was just saying that in the Bible the pharisees did it for the wrong reasons. Some of them really could be doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. I don't know because I don't do it.
    Anonymous

• as opposed to the Non Christians who kill ya bc you don't think as they do religiously speaking? Yeah, that's not judgmental or pushy! lol
    Anonymous

• While I am not a member of the Christian community, I do give kudos to anyone who can keep faith in anything in this day and age. I have respect for any religion that is, at its core, a positive one, However, I do not have respect for the idea of pushing your chosen religion on other people. Furthermore, it is my opinion that those who go around selling Jesus door-to-door like a magazine subscription are disrespecting their OWN religion.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• It bugs me when other christians are pushy. I understand caring and wanting to share the words, but some go over the top.

I am a Christian, but rarely do i throw it out there unless somone asks and then starts talking about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2009