Have you ever broke a toe?

How did you break it and how did you care for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The healing process will really depend on you and how well you are able to care for it. If you have to be constantly on it, it will take longer. If you are generally a slow healer, it will take longer. By the time I broke a toe for the 6th time, it only took about 4 weeks to heal.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Kicking things mostly. I also once had a truck park on my foot, and then my husband once dropped a stereo on my foot. I just kept off it as best as I could. There really is nothing that can be done for it excepting limiting the strain on it. My toes still crack funny all the time, they never really healed properly. But they never hurt anymore.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It hurts like hell! I kicked a box my nephew left on the porch. Little did I know it was a wooden box. OMFG! I would rather have broken a leg than a toe!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I've broke the same toe three times!! The first two times it was during sex (two separate occasions, lol) and the third time I was in a hurry and had to change clothes so I was trying to take off my pants while running (stupid I know) and I kicked something and my toe went under my foot and I stepped on it. After the first time I had my dh go out and buy some gauze and wrapped it up until I got to the Dr. The Dr. took an x-ray said "yep it's broken" wrapped it up in new bandage that looked like what I had wrapped it up in and sent me on my way. The other two times I saved myself the trip to the Dr. and just wrapped it up myself.  There really isn't anything they can do for a broken toe unless it's severely broken like sticking out sideways.  Ice it for about 20 minutes a few times a day and ibuprofen is good for inflammation and pain

sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Sprained mine really bad on a busted ass kirby vacuume can we say FUCK i think so . GEEz Id tape them together thats about all you can do besides the x ray deal.

Harley_Emmie

Answer by Harley_Emmie at 3:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Thanks ladies you made me LOL. I didn't think they could do anything for a broken toe. Monday night I was rushing upstairs and took a step that was too big and slammed my foot up against unfinished drywall sticking out. It was so loud my husband came running to see if I was OK with the baby. I swear that pain was worse than child birth. My middle toe is now swollen, black and blue with a small blood blister. It's pretty gross. Does it take about 6-8 weeks to heal?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2009