Does crazy thought run through your mind about the baby? Will they be blind, can hear, be a midget, delayed,all these sad what if's run through my head!! I'm driving myself crazy : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am a 1st mommy and I am FREAKED myself but all I can really do is pray and pray that there is nothing wrong with him!
    bennysmommy816

Answer by bennysmommy816 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It goes through everyones mind. I work in a company that works with individuals that have MR/DD .. I've seen a lot .. the whole time i was pregnant with my second, i was nervous. I had anxiety pretty bad about it. Don't try to get to worked up over it.. things should be fine. Just keep praying and hoping
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 11:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'm a first time mom and worry constantly even though doc says everything's great. You're normal!
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 11:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• We all worry but there is really NO use at all. It's not like you can do anything about it. There are tests in place for the big worries and statistics are in your favor. Don't stew on it, there's no point.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• every single day i have thoughts and im constantly knocking on wood for it.i thought i was the only 1
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• When I was prego with my first, I use to look at EVERY single person that I came in contact with that had a disability I would think to myself "I could deal with my son having that" or "I dont know how I would deal with it if he was born with that" I did it ALL the time and it did drive me insane! I worried about everything down to facial birthmarks. When I was prego with my daughter, I had a few things go through my head but other than that, it was alot easier
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think everyone goes through these thougts. I even got bad dreams about my baby having problems etc every so often and would be terrified the next day. Even after the doctor ensured all organs were developing correctly after looking at the ultrasound, I would still get dreams that the baby had no toes or fingers etc.
    Best tactic is to stay busy and keep you mind off of it. I'm glad I have a pretty demanding job which keeps my head off of these thoughts atleast during the day.
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 2:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2009