leg cramps!! Going insane!!!

Has any one had leg cramps at nite in the third tirm? If so what did you do about it? Is there more then just streching my legs that I can do?

bennysmommy816

Asked by bennysmommy816 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you can eat more bananas, that may help...but after you have the baby, it usually goes away. I had them at least 2-3 times a week for the last 2 months.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I've had leg cramps since the second trimester. My midwife said to eat a banana or drink orange juice before bed, which I only did one night. My heartburn is bad at night and that was just making it worse and I figured the leg cramps were the lesser of the two evils. The lady at the childbirth class said it was due to more calcium, which I can see because I was taking Tums like nobody's business there for awhile and they have calcium. Either way, usually it happens to me early in the morning, like around 6 am, and I can feel it starting to happen and I've gotten to where I know how to move my foot and ankle around to keep it from getting too bad. I kind of move my foot in a circle from the ankle. Also I was finding that when I would stretch in the morning while in bed, that seemed to make it worse.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• they come at nite when I am relaxed and about to go to sleep. So should I try tums or what?
    bennysmommy816

Answer by bennysmommy816 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I had them my first two pregnancys. I have not had the this pregnancy and the only thing different that I am doing is drinking a ton of water. So I would make sure you are staying really hydrated.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• No, I was taking the Tums for the heartburn. Try a banana or orange juice before going to bed. I drink plenty of water and it doesn't seem to matter, I still get them. But if you aren't drinking enough, it may make it worse.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2009