letting go.

So my sons father and i have been on and off for a while now. he has cheated on me more then 7 times and i know i have to say enough is enough, and truely i feel as though i dont love him any more but i loved the man i thought he was. so heres the problem, i cant stand being with him he truely makes me sick, when im with him all i can think about is the other women he has touched. So i know i must let him go and i have before but as soon as he is with someone else i am sick to my stomach and i will do anything to get him back. any advice on how to get my self together and let him go without any strings!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• 7 is a lot. Your going to be sick to your stomach.. maybe even jealous.. but than you have to remind yourself the pain and torture he's put you through. He'll probably put the new girl through the same hell. You also have to think of your child(ren).. you don't want them seeing you go through this. If they see what he does and how you allow it.. they will think its okay. If you have a son, he will think its okay to cheat. If you have a daughter, she will think its acceptable in a relationship. I wish you the best of luck.
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 11:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• You don't want to compromise yourself for this person who is so disrespectful. Dig up some pride and self esteem and know that there will eventually be another man out there should you need one. You should focus on self preservation and self loving and let him go. If he's with other women it's no longer your problem. Remember this: when you DO find another man (and in time you will but you need to get over him and get strong) it will bug the hell out of him and there is some satisfaction in that. Trust me. What goes around does come around. Hang in there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• well i guess you love him though the man don't love the way you love him..and he don't respect you at all.Acceptance is the key..Free yourself .You don't deserve him..Find a man who will love you with all honesty .Spare yourself from him for a while and try to live without thinking of him..do it slowly till u think u feel u can live without him anymore..A little sacrifice is there but it would be for the better!
    jayzs

Answer by jayzs at 11:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Maybe it would be easier to learn to forgive him and let that go. Personally I think you should leave but you may be too emotionally attached to do that. I know a man who has cheated a lot more than 7 times and his wife puts up with it bc she can somehow rationalize that she can't be without him. I read a good book one time called How to Fall Out of Love. It helped me let go of someone I didn't want to let go of. There is also a book called Letting Go. go to amazon.com and put in search words to find great books that can help. Those are two I read and can recommend.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• You are going to miss him, and you might always. You just have to stay strong and try to do what is best for you and your children. You deserve to be happy and the only one not one of many. Keep your chin up the pain will ease. Trust me I know.
    stephanie7325

Answer by stephanie7325 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2009