My son just turned one and is having trouble sleeping.

if we try to lay him down (in his crib or with us) he wakes up crying. He only sleeps for two hours at a time and thats being carried on our shoulder. this all started after his shots. what can i do? what should i do?

_MOMMY_

Asked by _MOMMY_ at 11:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How long has it been going on? You said it has been since his shots, but if its only been a couple days, a week at most, thats pretty normal. They say babies are pron to be cranky and fussy uo to a week after shots. If its been longer than a week and he is still not acting like himself you could call the Dr and see what they say.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My daughter is just going to turn one, is unvaccinated, and is acting almost the same way. I am going to lose my mind. I am not sure if she is teething, or just straight out spoiled. Even at night, while I nurse her, she is tossing and kicking, and not really sleeping. And then when she finally does fall asleep, I try to scoot away, or change my position, and she wakes up again screaming. I know that she is not in pain, because as long as she is being held she is happy. It is just the sleeping part that is not working.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Also, I wanted to add, that sometimes she is just hungry. You might want to make sure that isn't his problem. They (My 1 year old and 2 1/2 year old) get really clingy when they are hungry. I have been known to get up at 2:00 in the morning to make them a snack. Sometimes our evenings get so chaotic that they don't eat too well. Anyway, after they eat they fall asleep, so it does work.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2009