Questions about miscarriages and D&C

I just learned today that I am having a "missed miscarriage". My doctor recommended a D&C and my SO and I feel this is best for us. Can someone please tell me if they have had one...is it painful, is there a risk for scarring (problems with future pregnancies) and how soon is it advisable/acceptable to try again?

alexandersmom03

Asked by alexandersmom03 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I also had a missed miscarriage. My first pregnancy ended this way. I had a D&C and everything was fine. I have had 3 children since. I was told to wait 3 months. I did and got pregnant the 4th month. I am sorry for your loss.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Sorry to hear about the D&C. I haven't had one but know someone who has. She said it didn't hurt, you can get pregnant after but you should wait a couple cycles.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2009