Anyone else have this problem with this Playtex product?

The product in question is : Playtex Insulated cups with the click and lock lids. They twist on and click when they are on all the way.

The problem: I can't ever get the lids off the f-ing things! Sometimes I can get them off really easily and other times you would think the worlds strongest man put the lid on! I bought a set of these for my DD and one for my DS and I HATE them! Its a good thing my parents live across the road and my Dad is strong because otherwise they would have been in the garbage the 1st week I had them. I'm always taking them across the road for him to open...lately he has taken to stopping over before he leaves for work in the afternoon to see if I need any cups open!! I don't know how they get on so tight but its really annoying!

Vsoul0608

Asked by Vsoul0608 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I have them too. I dont have too much of a problem opening them as long as my hands are wet or have lotion on. But, I know what you mean, my mom cannot open them at all. They are very tough!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• ******Thats supposed to say hands are NOT wet....sorry
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I use the spout as a leverage point and twist using that. There was ONCE when I put it on too tight and it took me a few mins to get it off... also tapping it on the counter top once or twice helps it seems!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• LMAO! My bff and I just had this conversation. they are the greatest cutest cups but man, once that lid is on...it is stayin on. Makes me want to throw them across the room. If my hands are wet like when I am loading the dishwasher...it is even worse! I have to get my DH to open them for me half the time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2009