Can you think of something that a person outside of your sexual orientation, or religion did for you or another person that was truly kind and heartfelt?

I mean we are discussing things about gays, Muslims and Christians tonight. Are there any positive things that we can appreciate about our differences tonight? The "Christians" at my mom's church threw a baby shower for me even though I was pregnant out of wedlock and was not a member of their church. They were very non judgemental and very loving and giving, not once did they rub it in. And I have a lovely Muslim client who tells me how beautiful my eyes are when ever she comes in to get her nails done. Or what about the same sex couples who adopt older children keeping them from growing up in foster care. I see it on tv all the time.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My best friend is a bisexual cross dresser, and he is the most caring, kind hearted, loving person in the entire world. He is the least judgemental person I have ever met, and he always knows what to say to bring you up when you need a pull!
    Anonymous

• My niece (nephew?) is transgendered and she does nice and sweet things all the time. She keeps an eye on my baby while I make dinner. Walks my dog. Is very caring and sweet and the most helpful child I know. And I have older children. They are no where near as helpful as she is.
    Anonymous

• One of my friends is gay. He works at a nursing home and is going to school for nursing. I guess he just really likes to help people and cares a lot. Plus he is the greatest friend anyone could have, and he likes almost everyone.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Many ppl have done kind things for me although I am unsure of many of their views on life. There is a sm thrift store in town that is always giving my DD toys for free & letting her play for hours on end on rainy days (I do help out & volunteer too) & sells everything for dirt cheap. The library in town has a wounderful staff who r always playing w/ my DD. Our playgroup has great ppl that help each other find activities/programs in the area for our LO's to participate in. How about the ppl who adopted me that is the biggest gift anyone can give. We r so blessed by having all these great ppl in our lives, I believe in karma though we are always trying to help out in anyway possible. Oh yeah our neighbors who are the founders of www.daisyschildren.com they r doing a great thing too.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I know a woman that produced two beautiful kids for a gay couple. One child is the sperm of one of the men and the other child is the sperm of the other man. These kids are amazing and stunning and the parents are the most dedicated.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• just b/c someone isnt your same religion or gay etc doesnt mean they arent nice people. a man my hubby works with who is homosexual offered to let us stay with him one our lease was us if we couldnt find a place we could afford right away.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I hate to say it, but I think the people who are considered "not normal" are the most kind and generous people. Homosexuals, transgendered, debilitating diseased are always some of the first to help out. Maybe it's because they know what it's like to be outcast because of their differences and don't want other people to go through the same thing. There was a man in our town who had MS. He eventually died from it, but while he was alive he did amazing things. First he started a group that would get wheelchairs for families who can not afford them. Then later on he went around the county, in his wheelchair, asking for donations at Thanksgiving and Christmas. With this money he would have potluck meals for families who could not afford it, and get some small toys at Christmas. At least 500 people would show up. This man is the ultimate example of love, caring and respect.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My friend's husband is terminally ill...she had no family nearby and was in desperate need of help. The local Mormons started coming by to cook, clean, take care of her kids and help in any way possible. Because of some of their 'anti-gay' propaganda I have not been a huge fan of Mormons, but I was truly moved by their help for someone who just needed it even though my friend wasn't part of their church.

Also, my gay sister gave a homeless man her hat on scarf when she got off the bus on a very cold day because he was clearly freezing and she figuired she could suffer for the short walk she had to get HOME.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• No, but I won't explain because people who don't completely agree with you set you off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• These stories are making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! :) I have had gay and lesbian friends for 20 years some have come and gone but all went out of their way for me when I really needed them. Also, when I worked at LAX airport I worked with so many races and denominations, I never met anyone I didn't like or didn't like me. I worked with this geat Ethiopian man and I would ask him about his country and customs, he thought it was great that I was interested well needless to say his wife would send me ethiopian cuisine every Friday and then everyone else wanted to copy him, I got Vietnemes, Indian, Thai food every Friday. I believe that lurking in everyone is a kind heart even if sometimes we choose not to show it.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2009