What if I died tomorrow?

Im not practicing any religion,never have,family never had a lot of interest in religion, not against any religion, I just don't know what I believe, yet. So whats your religion, and whats your opinion on what would happen to my soul if I......say, was eaten by a shark tomorrow?

cainesmama

Asked by cainesmama at 11:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a student of the Buddha's teachings. The Buddha understood that all things in the universe are connected, and that this means that every action of every being has an effect on every other being. Very basically put then, followers of the dharma (the Buddha's teachings) strive to better the universe by bettering themselves. We follow theNoble Eightfold Path: right view, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, and right concentration (the word "right" here meaning "ideal"). It is our belief that these practices will help us rise above such negative things as materialism. greed, anger, ect. We concentrate more on how we live than on what happens after we die.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I believe that God is a God of love. That his only son gave his life so that we can be forgiven. I think that if you have lived a good life and are sorry for the things you have done he will take care of you. God believes in you even if you aren't sure you believe in him. Think about all the people who have never had the chance to learn of God. Do you think that he would condemn them simply because of something they couldn't control? I don't, that is my opinion and that is what you asked for, hope I didn't offend any one. God Bless
    stephanie7325

Answer by stephanie7325 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Well, I would just hope your will is made out... Your soul will go through the same thing the rest of our will. You will cross over until which time you are ready to be reborn... Simple as that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• And actually if you are eaten it would really be the cheapest way to go to, so that's good... No funeral or casket... Planning on going swimming or is this just a what if??

Sorry, my brain is really tired tonight, sarcasm is all I have left.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• im christian, i attend church of christ, and honestly it is up to god b/c only he can judge your heart. but, overall, we believe that jesus christ is gods son and he died for our sins. it is a personal choice when to be baptized by immersion, which is very important, and living you life according to gods laws. check out these two websites for more info on general belief meadowlarkchurch.org and heartlandschurch.org

essentially, jesus saves, and unless you have a spiritual relationship with him you will go to hell. being a good person doesnt cut it and you cant just live part of the bible and discard what you dont like or make excuses.

but that doesnt mean you cant enjoy life as a christian.. essentially is moral.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

Haha its just a what if.
    cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 11:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• see the movie online free now Jesusfilmproject.org
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• That depends if you have heard about Jesus and rejected him then you would just stay dead, sorry that you picked a painful way to go death by shark ouchies imo. LOL But when Jesus came to come get his people I don't feel you would be among them. I hate to say it and I am NOT being judgemental. But the bible says that only through me *Jesus* can you come to the father. Now if you hadn't heard of Jesus and died then you would be judged on your heart alone. Not just your fait hand heart. If you had the heart for Jesus uf you had been given the chance then you woul prolly make it :) But agian Idk I am not God I have not seen the books of life. I pray that you find a religion even if it's not christianity but I would be happeir if it was. But it's always better to believe in something for hope then nothing at all.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• essentially, jesus saves, and unless you have a spiritual relationship with him you will go to hell. being a good person doesnt cut it and you cant just live part of the bible and discard what you dont like or make excuses.

So your saying that even if im a good person, If I dont get baptized and read the bible by the time I die, you believe Ill go to hell, Like firey demon infested hell? Because my parents didnt teach me about religion enough to make an informed descision for myself. Im young but you never know a freak accident could happen and then im in hell, because didnt get a chance to read the bible and get dunked in some holy water. Because in that case I would be doomed to hell my no real fault of my own. Is this the way most Christians feel?
    cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 12:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• rhanford well said, John 14:6
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2009