I need help with a medical problem my 5 year old nephew has.

Ok my nephew is now 5 years old. Every year since he was 2 he has broken out in these horrible bumps and boils all over his body. He can't even play outside because his mom is afraid that dirt will get in the sores and get them infected. This happens ever summer. They hurt and itch, blister up into boils, bust, get infected and it is just awful. He has seen several doctors and none of them really know what it is. One said chiggars, one said scabies, one said staph, one said allergic reaction, one said shingles, one said mumps, one said scarlet fever, bug bites, acne, and a lot of other skin problems. She has even given bleach baths with no success. None of the medicines that they have given him help in the slightest don't even slow them down. He is in so much discomfort and pain. They have said they have never seen anything like it. But I know that someone out there has to have seen something like this

stephanie7325

Asked by stephanie7325 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Health

• tea tree oil!!! us it in everything especially directly on these sores, shower gels, shampoos ect.,!!! so happy I may have helped! mix it with olive oil for the face, look it up here?
    Anonymous

• all our bodies have histamine some have a more than others and for some reason they have flare ups...it comes in blisters and bumps. my dd dermatologist prescribed a stronger antihistamine for her. this may be what it is she only gets a few bumps though.
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Has he had genetic testing done? The are several genentic disorders that cause similiar things to what you've described. Has anyone ever told the parents he may be allegic to UVA/UVA rays? This child must be in some degree of agony all the time. Keep going to Dr's. Look for specialist. Keep going until there arre answers. The more rare the problem the harder it is to diagnose sometimes. Does he ever get these attacks when not outside but exposed to artifiacial lighting or sun through windows? It is a hard situation I'm sure. Encourage his parents to not give up.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Have them run an autoimmune assay on him. Have him checked for Lupus. I did look up the sun allergy thing also but I think if it were hives it may have been diagnosed already.
    Lupus gets worse in the summer.
    Does he have any other symptoms? Joint pain, rash on his face resembling a butterfly? Unexplained slight fevers or seem lethargic?

I am not a doctor, I just have experienced first hand autoimmune diseases.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Has he been to a dematologist who specifies in skin and skin disorders? I'd start with that to try and get a diagnoses, only then can it truely be known HOW to treat him. You don't want to try home remedies as suggested when you don't know whats wrong or how it can effect what he does have!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think it is some kinda deep tissue infection. I would try some of the more natural remidies since it is probabally some kinda toxin causing it. Does he have bad teeth at all? I know when i had a bad tooth it caused me to get a deep tissue infection. But soon as i got it fixed ....gone. I wish your family the best of luck. And i hope you can kick this in the butt
    allurasmamma

Answer by allurasmamma at 10:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2009