when to switch to toddler bed?

I was just wondering what age you switched your little one into a toddler or actual bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son will be 2 next month and he is still in his crib and he loves it! My older boys were all climbing out by this age and in their toddler bed. I don't plan on changing it until he either tries to climb out or doesn't want to get in the crib any more. I'm guessing some time before he's in kindergarten! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i put my daughter in a twin bed at exactly one year! in my opinion toddler beds are a complete waste, unless your crib turns into a toddler bed..but to go out and buy a toddler bed, such a waste! why not just go ta twin that way they can have it for a longer time than they would a toddler...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I agree with you about toddler beds Alexis!! I got mine free and put my dd in at 13 months. She loves it, but if I wouldn't have gotten it for free, I would have put her in a twin bed. She has only fallen out once and that was the first night. She got back up and hasn't fallen out of it again. She's 19 months now.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My older 2 boys were 2 years old when they got toddler beds. My youngest was 1yr 9 mo. he started earlier cause he was starting to climb out of the crib- and I did not want him falling and getting hurt.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Once my children started to climb out of the crib on a very regular basis we moved them into regular beds. The transition went fairly smoothe, we bought them sheets with characters they were into at the time and made a big deal about the "big boy/gir bed" and they loved it. They were on average about 2-21/2 yrs old.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2009