4th of July BBQ, my 11 month old and me at 9 months...

I live in Alabama. It gets unGodly hot here. And I mean like, HOT.
Well I am due August1st and I am ready to have this lil man already. I have a 11 month old turning 1 on the 7th that is learning to walk.
My fiances family is doing a BBQ this saturday outside with the whole family. And it aint a lil family...
I am going and I'm actually excited. I just know that they are all very active loud people and I am VERY pregnant and dead on my feet from being a Momma. I don't want to be the party pooper...But I know my limits right now and they aren't high.
His exwife was a jerk to them and always ruined family gathering so I am trying to avoid any bad scenes.
How can I play nice and still be comfortable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you should just take it as easy as you can and if you need to get away to get cooled off then go get cooled off just dont let a mood swing kick in lol but anyone that has been pregnant especially as pregnant as you are in the hottest month of august will know how you feel and will completely compromise with you and will understand how miserable you are..I know how you feel honey i was pregnant with my last one in the month of august she came september 4th i was ill as a hornet.
    beccaNtooter

Answer by beccaNtooter at 1:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My suggestion is take it as easy as you can, sit in the shade when possible, and when you are ready to leave, excuse yourself politely and just point out that you are very pregnant and very uncomfortable and tired. Any mother there will definitely understand, unless she has pregnancy amnesia lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I would just make sure you drink alot of water maybe dh can be on toddler duty so you don't have to chase him around.
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Sit in the shade drink lots of ice water and maybe pick up a battery operated fan. If youu do get one spritz yourself with water and fan yourself. As for your toddler I'm sure there will be plenty of arms waiting to hold him.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Wow, I would think most people would be farily understanding... Not really sure you have much to worry about... (If nothing else tell them you are really feeling 'sick' and need to go lay down for a few minutes)
    Rubia653

Answer by Rubia653 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• just be nice about it if you have to leave, tell them you enjoyed the time and loved being there, but you need to get some rest. or you need to go inside for a bit in the air conditioning. everyone should be very understanding, and as far as your daughter goes, i'm sure it being such a big family you can ask someone to keep an eye out while you sit down for awhile.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Talk about it ahead of time so that you don't have to chase your soon-to-be toddler around. There is a lot of family there so get your husband in on passing him around and avoiding any extra work for you. Get a cold drink and prop your feet up. :)
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2009