37 weeks 2 days and trying to induce labour baby is measuring a week ahead so he is 38 weeks 2 days

please no bashing this is serious my boyfriend works out of town and i want him to be there so far i have tried walking vacuming spicy foods sex the hole shabang and still nothing i've had contractions but apperantly they aren't real i was supposed to see my doctor for a check up last friday but the ass hole was delivering a baby hmm just my luck oh ya i'm 17 and i could really use some suggestions that won't hurt the baby thank you so much and PLEASE NO BASHING....

scared_mommy16

Asked by scared_mommy16 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry girl but i have tried everything there is im also 17 and 38 weeks and 2 days been dilated 4 cent and effaced 80% no baby yet i walk miles a day up stairs and everything. I think it really is true your baby will come when its ready but walking and squats have been helping with the baby moving down and dilating.goodluck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• When is your boyfriend leaving again? Really at this gestation there is probably nothing you can do at home that will induce you, and while I personally am against it, you could call your ob in the morning and explain the situation and there is a slight posibility they will induce you. Some doctors are more lenient then others and such but I have heard of doctors inducing women slightly early under simmilar circumstances where they wanted the baby's dad or grandma or something around or they just had plans comming up and wanted the baby born before they needed to travel or whatever.... it's worth a shot.
    Rubia653

Answer by Rubia653 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• thank you :]
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i am trying to avoid getting induced with patosin because it makes it hard to have a natural birth and i really really really want a natural birth
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Have you tried squats? Oh and walking up and down stairs and walking. I've done this and is help with dilating effacing process so it might help speed it up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i haven't tried squats yet... but i walk up and down stairs so much my legs give out :] currently my feet hurt from a pretty nice walk today
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Sorry, that baby will come when it is good and ready! The best method my doc told me was sex sex sex (it's the sperm that does it). We did and she still came three days late! You are in the homestretch, hang in there.. :) At least all that activity is keeping you busy!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I know how you feel with that i just keep doing it because its helping with the dilating. Maybe the squats would help, or even try to sit on a exercis ball with legs open and moving your hips in circular motion. Thats what some people have told me but still hasn't worked but you never know it could work for you (:
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Labor is started by the baby releasing a hormone, demonstrating that it is ready to be born. If you haven't gone into labor yet, its because baby isn't ready! You say you want a natural birth but that means allowing labor to begin naturally. There is no such thing as a "natural induction". It doesn't sound like you have done any research on natural birth and I worry you will not get one because of that. And just because baby is measuring a bit bigger does not mean s/he is ready to be born. Measurements can vary greatly depending on who takes the measurement, baby's position and fluid levels.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• A baby measuring ahead (by belly measurements) doesnt mean that they really are ahead! I measured 3 weeks behind with my daughter the entire time and I knew my date of conception without a doubt because we were TTC by the gender selection method and only had sex on certain days during my cycle.

I am convinced that your baby will NOT come til your body is ready, no matter what you try to do! I am not against inductions at all but I wouldnt stress yourself out about going in to labor because you wont if your body isnt ready. I walked around 75% effaced and 5 cm dilated for over a week before my induction and didnt go in to labor
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009