when to switch to toddler bed?posted in general parenting also

I was just wondering what age you switched your little one into a toddler or actual bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• around 25-27 months don't remember exactly when. but she climbed out of the crib around 23 months and then i found out it was recalled so we switched. didn't have any major problems, a few times she would pass out on the floor b/c she was walking around but never came out of the room
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't rush it. My first was 18 months old. My second just turned 3 and he just got in a big boy bed last night. He never tried climbing out and he always fell asleep instantly in his crib.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I moved mine at about 32 months.
    Do not rush it. The creation of "toddler beds" has made parents think that toddlers need to be in beds, that it's a right of passage on the way to being a big kid. Not so. Babies and toddlers are safer in cribs. Yes, there is the risk of injury if a young toddler falls while trying to climb out. There is also the risk of a young child with zero common sense being loose in his room or the house while you are asleep. Very young toddlers tend to stay put in bed - but only until they realize they CAN get out and that mom is not there to say no.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i moved my daughter when she was just over 2 and everything went wonederfully.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• we switched my daughter at 18 months, she was potty training and needed to come get me so she could pee, it worked well for us. my son, i'm not sure when we'll switch him. he's almost 1 and i'm not in a rush to grow him up.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2009