If your actions and words worked to drive people away from God instead of closer, would you change your approach?

I'm not saying change the message, just the manner in which you are sharing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• because of a few big mouths nope!
    John 14:6 says it all I do not need too!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I'm very proud of you anon!! This is a very good point. Sometimes we can drive people away in every area of our lives. Papa always told me if you aren't catching any fish change your bait!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes. I wouldn't want wish to be responsible for something like pushing people away from God. That's pretty bad, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I do not need too!

Then why do you keep talking?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• set your sail and God will be the wind.
    like Forrest Gumps mama used to say,lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• conviction is a real downer for you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Have you heard the Bible story about the good samaratan?There was a man on the roadside hurt and everybody was walking by him and didn't help him but one woman,I think it was a woman and she did everything for him, like bandage his wounds.It's the same thing with us Christians,everybody is walking by,doing their own thing but we are the ones that are telling you things that you need to know in order to be saved!No other religion does this,why is that?Why are we so fanatical about you getting saved and knowing God?Could it be that we just know the answers and what we are saying is true?Telling people about Hell isn't something I enjoy, I wish there was another way,but we are commanded by Jesus to tell everybody the good news, that Jesus saves but then there's bad news too,it's Gods idea, we don't come up with these things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• catch more bee's with honey than you do vinegar
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The Good Samaritan was a man.

And in Christ's parables, he was far more concerned with those who made big spectacles of their faith, calling them hypocrites. The Samaritan was cited because he did what needed to be done and did not make anything of it.

Set an example by your deeds. People will be faster to believe you. I know that the church that interests me more is the one that works in the community and serves up Gospel as a side that you can take or leave. More people are likely to take it if you're not shoving it down their throats.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• It would really depend on the circumstances. Since I can't see you and you can't see me, I can't show you the example of my life. I can tell you, I can give you scripture. However, I will not compromise the gospel as gdimate suggests. There are many organizations that do good works within the community, but only true Christian churches have the power of the gospel. So the gospel can never be a side dish. It must be the main course, not the only course, always, but the main course. The point of side dishes is to accent and support the main course, not the other way around. Social programs are great, they meet needs but they don't meet the ultimate need of human kind.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2009