i need some help!! please

The doctor is going to induce me next week if i haven't went into labor myself. I really would rather start my labor myself. Any ways/ideas on how to start contractions. I haven't had any and barely BH contractions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sex and spicy foods have worked for me in the past. I had my doctor strip my membranes which started labor for me about a week later.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I had been told that could cause an infection. What spicy food did you try?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I had it done twice. For my second and third child and I was perfectly fine. Any Mexican foods.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The doctor had mentioned that but i wasn't to sure about it. Since this will be my baby number 1. I hadn't tried spicy food i'll try it though. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Sex. As far as I know all the rest are "urban legends". The baby will come when it's ready. If they do induce, don't let them break your water. If you aren't late as of next week, you might want to consider waiting.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think sex is most considerable and more accurate it works the best.I don't know about the spicy food thing but of course I am a spicy food eater myself I love spicy food so I eat it all the time so maybe my body is use to it.I have heard that castro oil works that it puts you in labor but I'm not positive about it I never tried it it is a old wise tale they say that it does work.
    beccaNtooter

Answer by beccaNtooter at 12:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You can tell him no unless there is some emergency with the child.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• unless there's a medical emergency, you do not have to be induced. so, tell the dr no if you don't want to be induced or just don't show up for the induction.
    as for naturally inducing labor, baby's not going to come until he/she is ready. so, just take it easy for now and get some rest.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009