Is there a diet pill that actually has results?

I know I need to exercise too, but I want some help. Have any of you used a diet pill that has actually worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• drink green tea home brewed with raw honey
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• hydroxycut worked insanely good... but it got taken off the market for killing people, so yeah. green tea is much better.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• but don't buy mega-t green tea pills, they dont do anything.
    staciandababy

• Yes the magic pill is called a healthy diet and plenty of exercise. That's the only thing that is going to work long term and not be dangerous. Try it, live it, love it. Forget the pills, they're no good for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Go to the FDA website, many diet pills have been recalled.
    Alli ( lower OTC version of Xenical) prevents you from absorbing half the fat in your meals. Eating a meal high in fat will result in loose oily stool. So I guess it works on two fronts: Your more likely to watch what you eat(don't want to shit yourself). The fat you do eat will be cut in half. Check out their website. It seems to be the only non-gimmick diet pill.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Farrahann

• I used Alli and lost 40 pounds almost 18 months ago and have kept it off. I used it for 6 weeks to break my addiction to fats and help me learn to eat better. I still avoid fats and have kept the weight off. The extra help of helping me lose 15 pounds quick gave me the incentive to keep going. I could only do the exercise bike for 10 minutes when I started, now I am up to 45 minutes a day. It is a great feeling to be thinner (I am not thin! I am 5' 3 and wear a size 6 down from a 12) and be in shape. Good luck!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I am also taking alli! If you dont eat right.....there are unplesant side effects!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure If I have lost any weight yet. (have not been taking it long) However teampalmer how long did it take for you to lose the weight on alli?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 2:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I lost 15 pounds in the first 6 weeks, then went off but stayed low fat and lost a total of 40 pounds in 6 months. I used it to jump start my own get healthy kick! It is so expensive, I can not imagine being on it too long!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2009