Would our country be less in debt if McCain was in office?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yup!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I'm sure it would be, but probably not by a considerable amount. McCain is far too leftist and, therefore, probably would have been spend-happy just like Obama is.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Probably not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think we would have been in the same amount of debt one way or the other, no matter WHO was elected.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Ummmmm, I thought we were in debt when Bush was in office! What difference would it make if it was McCain or Obama. Did you think the new pres is given a magic wand to wave that magically removes any debt and war we had from the last term?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• anon stuff it already it is old and LAME.Barry has spent MORE then Bush did during the entire 8 yrs and he did that within 3 months and is not done yet.OP No I do not believe McCain would of.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Oh excuse me I did not answer it correctly...Yes I do belive we would be in less debt
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• No Porkulus, that right there would dial our debt back by decades.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• A lot of the money Obama has spent was bailing out the banks. If we would have let them fail, we would be paying out through the FDIC so McCain would have still bailed them out. The auto industry bailout was started by Bush so I'm guessing McCain would have continued it. The banks are insolvent and the bubble would have still burst.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 2:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2009