Can I ask for it back?

I had my son clean our backyard today. And because I wasn't sure where to put things I asked him to put a small play table with 2 chairs out by the trash. Anyway, a minute ago, a neighbor stopped by, asked if we were throwing it, and asked if he could have it. Well because I wasn't thinking I gave it to them, and now I am regretting it. Could I ask them for it back? Or should I just let it go? I'm sad now :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• nope, take your good karma and run with it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Just let is go...is it worth them feeling bad over?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i would just let it go. unless you really don't like your neighbors or are really good friends with them, otherwise it'd just be awkward asking for it back.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Let it go.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Hate to say this, but I don't believe you should ask for it back. He asked for something and you said he could have it. To turn around and say "no, I changed my mind" would not only be wrong, but probably hurt any relationship you may of had with this neighbor.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• you sent out a blessing. If you ask for the table and chairs back you cheat yourself out of that blessing.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• No, it is no longer yours. If you couldn't think where to put it, then maybe there really isn't room. Someone else is enjoying it now.

Answer by Bmat at 12:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009