c-section

I had to have an emergency c-section on the 4th and im wondering if its normal to be peeling like a sunburn around the incision(sp?) The doctor said that its healing well but this just started. Is that normal?

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 1:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep! I had an emergency c-sect as well. It's very overwhelming for first timers.
    It's all normal. Congrats on your little one, however!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• yes it is normal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• yup, totally normal.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• yes its normal for that dryness to come up over the incision and peel like a sunburn because it is healing its nothing to be worried about unless you see redness or swelling around the incision area and if you have pus coming from the incision then you might run into a problem but yes its normal so dont worry and the only reason I know is because I have had 2 c-sections myself my 1st one was also a emergency and the baby was a preemie the 2nd one was a scheduled c-section so relax and take it easy everything is fine okay.
    beccaNtooter

Answer by beccaNtooter at 1:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2009