Do you think that anyone has actually converted to Christianity after getting a knock from those who sell Jesus door-to-door?

Make no mistake....I fully support and respect anyone who has faith in any religion. That respect just does not carry over to the idea of selling religion door-to-door like a magazine subscription. Whenever one of the people in question comes to my door, I always wonder afterwards if anyone has ever actually been converted by this practice.

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm sure someone has but I can't imagine it happens often. Religion is a hard thing to convince a person to change so I don't think someone knocking on your door and giving you their schpeel about whatever religion, would be enough to change many peoples' minds.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• yes a Southern Baptist tract not JW!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The only ones that come to my door is the JW's and I send them away because I do not believe what they believe about Jesus.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I politely listen to them all, but honestly, I cannot see what the difference between the various "door-to-door" denominations is.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 2:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes. My mom almost did. She studied JW for a few years actually. ...They almost had her. ...and then they asked her to commit to conversion. ...and she told them that lessons would no longer be necessary! LOL

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Nah. We've only had them bother us once or twice where we used to live. It was an apartment complex, so they could hit up all of us in one shot. We would turn off the TV and lights and hide until they gave up. I don't even give them the time of day, we're not interested. My fiance talked to them once, and he ended up standing there for an HOUR. Guh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Most definitely. I know people personally who have converted because of this practice. Mainly, I know Mormons because I am Mormon.

The Mormon church is not just an "American" church. Just about everyone that is LDS/Mormon outside of this country converted because of the door to door method. If you look at the numbers outside of this country of members you'll see that the door to door practice does work.

Not to mention all the people in this country that have joined that way also.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• That's how the JW's got my Dad & he's been one as long as I can remember. When you go to, for example, the Kingdom Hall, you see lots of people who convert after a door to door visit. You have to figure, no one sells anything without, at least, some buyers. The people they are "selling" to are already in the market so-to-speak, kwim? 

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I was a missionary for the Mormon church.
    I personally taught and saw baptized 9 people. I also know many, many others who were baptized by other missionaries in my area.

So ya...it happens.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes people get converted all the time.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2009