Have you ever had a bad hotel stay?

A few years before my mom passed away she was getting sicker and couldn't travel very far at a time. We were taking our annual girls trip to cayucos (morro bay, pismo beach) when along the I-5 we stopped in a small town. We got checked in at a holiday inn for the night and was having a lot of fun. The next morning we had gotten up out of bed I am a all over the place sleeper and the sheets had come up, I walked around the side of the bed and noticed all down the side of the mattress was caked in old blood, naturally we got our stuff out and went to the office to tell them and complain. They looked at us like we were crazy and did everything to get us out of there. Manager told us it would be taken care of and my mom had called the cops I don't know what ever came of it but I sure did learn to check motel mattresses before sleeping on them. Has anyone else ever had a bad experience with a hotel/motel?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 1:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My family went to a pretty terrible hotel in DC once. We got there and the lock was broken on our door. My dad went into the office to get a new room; while in there, he overheard the woman ahead of him complaining. She went into her room and lied down on the bed, a large man walked out of her bathroom and on outside, didn't say a word to her. That's not even getting into the bugs. Needless to say, we didn't stay.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Sorry about the caked blood JAJA, I had to get rid of an unfaithful husband, I tried to clean up the crime scene but well, I was in a hurry. j/k. I have stayed in a few that were kind of questionable but nothing like caked blood! ewwwww.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Whoa! Nothing that bad! My worst was back in '05, I was pregnant with my first child and my husband got sent on a trip for work to a tiny town. We stayed in this cheezy motel that was the only place in town. The place itself was fine, but the staff drove me crazy. While my husband was working I basically stayed in the room and slept...it was early in the pregnancy and I had horrible morning sickness. The staff insisted on cleaning the room every single day, even though it wasn't dirty, and they'd show up at 8 am and keep knocking all day long...even when I had a do not disturb sign on the door! Sometimes they'd even enter! I kept telling them I was pregnant and sick and wanted to be left alone, but they ignored me. Good thing it was not us paying for that place, or we wouldn't have.
    utopiaseas

Answer by utopiaseas at 2:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• sorry for the bad experiences ladies and gigi - i knew you were behind the bloody mattress lol
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I stayed in a questionable hotel in NJ. It was the 1st family vacation that I took with my stepdaughter and husband. We walked into the room and it just smelled really bad. We looked around, got the febreeze from my car and everything. I don't know what made me look, but there was a plate of moldy food sitting on top of the TV. When I took it tot he front office, they didn't even apologize!!!!!! We tried to call around to see if there were other hotels, but no one had any vacancies.
    twinmommy416

Answer by twinmommy416 at 6:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2009