Breast Feeding and the last 10 pounds?

I have heard that while you are still nursing it is almost impossible to drop the last ten pounds of baby-weight because your body want to "hold-on" to the extra fat. Is this true? What have you experienced? I am eating better (which in this house means not such large servings and less greasy stuff) and working out 5 days a week and I feel like I am not losing ANYTHING!!!! I wanted to try-out for a dance team in the fall, but if I can't get back in shape that dream is dead... Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Some moms hold on to that last ten pounds while nursing.

Some hold on to it despite weaning!

Don't let it keep you from pursuing your dream.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu (all loaded with calcium and iron). Be sure to eat a vitamin C source with an iron source (like kale or beans) to increase the absorption of the iron.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I dont know all the facts but when i did pump breast milk for my youngest i lost all the weight. I didnt keep going for a year so i dont know if i would of lost more weight. I was 115 before pre pregnancy first child. and stayed at 120 for a long time until i got pregnant again. after i had her and lost the weight i was 120-125. Now its been 3 years since i had my second daughter and im down to 119-120. I can get to 115 but i rather stay at 119 and tone up.
    Anonymous