Christians:What is an acceptable way for a woman to defend herself from a stranger

is carrying a knife or weapon a bad idea? Who carry's heat? Possible stalker?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree with Beth. Know how to use your weapon or it will get used against you.

I think you should be ready to defend yourself and your family. I know I am. I am a black belt and I am always aware of my surroundings, and I even try to keep myself strong enough to inflict pain, and I review my techniques.

We used to practice muggings. Where I would walk down a dark alley and someone from my school (a huge guy) would come behind me and try and drag me off. He was allowed to hurt me and be rough. I would have to ignore the fear and pain and just focus on hurting him and getting away. It was great practice. Some people learn martial arts moves, but never have to practice them in a "real scenario" and then they are overconfident.

Be ready, there are freaks out there.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Acceptable way? I'd say anything is acceptable if you are being physically attacked.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• put on the armor of God?

Answer by admckenzie at 2:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Im Christian and if i was being attacked, there's almost nothing i wouldnt do. Self-defense.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I would defend myself in any way possible. I would like to add though that if you choose to carry a knife or any other weapon (gun included) that you should practice often on how you would get it out and use it...Most of the time if you are not prepared your attacker can use the weapon against you...Just take self-defense classes and make sure you know how to use your weapon of choice.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 3:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• When I get back to the states, I am going to work on getting my concealed weapons license (and I'm a Christian). I have no qualms about defending myself or my child.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 6:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I will defend myself and my family by any means necessary.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i would kill a man without blinking
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• moki1984 - the poster said "stranger". Why did you immediately think the stalker was a man? Women stalk too. You are truly a "man hater" which is really a sad state as you are pictured with a beautiful child who wouldn't be possible without a man. If the "stranger" is a woman, would you also kill her without blinking? Why do you assume only a man can do something like stalking.

I think we are given the authority to defend ourselves. God instructed Noah that if a man spills blood his blood should also be spilled. He doesn't expect us to be door mats to be walked on. He said turn the other cheek, but he only gave us 2 cheeks. Protect yourself by any means you feel is necessary.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I am a Christian and I would do whatever I had to do to protect myself, husband and children. Just because you are a Christian does not mean you should just stand there and let someone attack you.
    Mykidsmaid

Answer by Mykidsmaid at 10:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009