Have you gotten pregnant, or missed periods while having the ten year copper IUD?

I had my son in sept. Sept. 5th. my first period my son was a little over 6 mths old and it was a HORRIABLE CRAMPY HEAVY HEAVY period, the next one was a normal one...then the third was extremly light to the point i just had to where a liner, and now this month NO period. i'm a week late. I dont think i'm prego but did the copper IUD stop you from having a period?

sherrie0527

Asked by sherrie0527 at 2:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Health

• I have not used an IUD yet. But according to what i have read about them, it can cause a woman to have abnormal periods for a while. But that should decrease the longer you have it in.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The copper one typically causes them to be heavier and crampier then before at first. The mirena with hormones causes them to stop. Unless you have not had sex then I would be going and getting a pregnancy test just to be sure. If you are pregnant you need to get into the doctor right away.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• oh ladys...lol dont tell me that..lol my OBGY told me the same...LOL ohhhh boy...can i sue them?...LMAO
    sherrie0527

Answer by sherrie0527 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009